Wirral watercress established in 2005, is based in Children Thornton. Peter Jones has a passion for producing high quality products – watercress, rocket, broad beans, runner beans, squash, courgettes and leeks. Peter is always willing to experiment with exciting new crops, which we in turn sell to our customers. He now produces ‘micro herbs’ which are becoming more and more popular.
Wirral watercress is very popular with many of the restaurants we supply and is even a firm favourite with our tortoise, Trigger!
- Low in calories, watercress is great for cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programmes.
- It is an excellent source of vitamin K – which helps in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is loaded full of anti-oxidants like B carotene, lutein and zea-xanthin.
- Rich in vitamin B complex such as: riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, thiamine and pantothenic acid
- Regular inclusion of cress in your diet has been found to prevent: osteoporosis, anemia, and vitamin A deficiency and believed to protect from cardiovascular diseases as well as colon and prostate cancers.